When choosing a garage door, you want to make the best choice for the style of your home. There are several factors to consider, including the material out of which it is made. One popular material that adds style and timelessness to any home is wood. Wood garage doors are long lasting, durable, and classic. However, there are some downsides to installing wooden garage doors, so you must take the pros and cons of wooden garage doors under consideration before hiring Lifetime Garage Doors in Sarasota to install it.
- Wooden garage doors are incredibly durable. With proper maintenance, your wooden garage door can last for decades to come.
- Wooden garage doors are customizable, so you can choose a look that best suits your home. You can stain, paint, or carve it to your liking. You can also choose the type of wood used.
- Wooden garage doors are beautiful. The classic look of wood is sure to make your home stand out from the rest of the neighborhood.
- Wooden garage doors are naturally insulated.
- Wooden garage doors are manufactured from renewable resources, making them an environmentally friendly choice.
- Wooden garage doors never dent, and they withstand scrapes better than doors made of other materials. As wood ages and gets these scratches, it adds character.
- Wooden garage doors are higher maintenance than doors made of other materials.
- Wooden garage doors are more expensive than metal or fibreglass garage doors.
- Wooden garage doors are very heavy, so they require more powerful garage door openers and garage door springs.
- Wooden garage doors can swell in humid areas, so it might not work as well in Florida as other materials.
Wooden garage doors are beautiful, but they are not for everyone. For any garage door installation, wood or other, you can trust Lifetime Garage Doors in Sarasota to do it right! Contact us today.